Cinekid is accepting entries again! Make sure to send us your children’s media productions for Cinekid festival and Cinekid for Professionals.
Cinekid Script LAB
Cinekid Script LAB is a six-month script-training programme for writers with a children's film project. The training was initiated by Cinekid in 2014 and is gearing up for its seventh edition which will take place during Cinekid for Professionals in October 2021, and the Berlinale 2022. The extended deadline for entries for Cinekid Script LAB is 1 June 23:59 CEST. More information on this trajectory can be found here.
Junior Co-production Market
The Junior Co-production Market is an integrated two-day co-production market that enables financiers, broadcasters and producers to assess new and innovative children's projects across the film and television sectors. The deadline for film and TV productions in development for the Junior Co-production Market is extended to 1 July 2021. The regulations and the entry form can be found on this page.
During the Junior Co-production Market 2021, two major awards will be handed out:
- The Eurimages Co-production Development Award of €20.000 for the best film project aimed for cinema release, and must be designed as a European co-production between at least two member states of the Eurimages Fund for reasons other than purely financial.
- The Filmmore Post-Production Award of €5.000. This award is designed to stimulate collaboration with the Dutch Visual Effects & Post Production lab Filmmore.
Film, TV and ScreeningClub
For both Cinekid Festival as Cinekid ScreeningClub, our digital sales library with over 400 recent children's productions, we are accepting features, short films and episodic productions. Find the competitions for Film and TV below, and their regulations and the entry form here.
- Best Children's Film Competition: an international jury will present a Jury Award (€7.500) and the children at the festival will choose the winner of the Audience Award.
- Best Dutch Children's Film Competition: a jury of Dutch industry professionals will hand out a Jury Award (€7.500), while an Audience Award will be decided by the visitors of the festival.
- Best International Short Film Competition: an international jury awards films in three categories: live-action, animation and documentary. Each award comes with a prize of €2.500.
- Best Dutch Short Film Competition: a Dutch jury chooses a winner in three categories, which will receive a Cinekid Lion and €2.500.
- Best Dutch Series Competition: a jury of Dutch television experts will reward the best episodic production in two categories: fiction and non-fiction.
The entry deadline for Cinekid Festival including the awards mentioned above is extended to 19 July 2021.
The deadline for Cinekid ScreeningClub is 14 September 2021.
Digital Culture & MediaLab
Cinekid invites artists, designers, studios and agencies to submit games and apps for the upcoming MediaLab and for consideration of the Cinekid Game & App Award. A selection of entries will receive the opportunity to showcase their projects at the Cinekid Festival. The selection will be made by a professional panel and from this selection, an all-kids jury will select the winning entry. The entry form for the Game & App Award can be found here.
The deadline for submissions is 18 June 2021.
The regulations can be found on this page.
Feel free to reach out to firstname.lastname@example.org in case you have any questions about submissions or regulations.
Still: Calamity - Opening Film Cinekid Festival 2020, Best Children’s Film Cinekid Festival 2020 & participant Junior Co-production Market 2017.