Part of the Cinekid Festival in Amsterdam (in October) is the awarding of the National Audience Awards: the prizes for the best Dutch language youth productions. There are two awards: one for productions for the 4 to 8 age bracket and one for productions for the 8 to 12 age bracket.
Since 2014, the jury of the National Audience Award is composed of pupils of the Cinekid Jury schools, which are various primary schools based in all provinces of the Netherlands. During the month of September, they spend time in school watching a selection of productions (20 to 90 minutes of viewing time in total, depending on their age), after which they judge the productions using the provided lesson materials. Cinekid then collects all the voting forms to determine the winners. Our goal is to have at least 2 jury schools in each province.
What does participation entail?
- You receive digital lesson materials, voting forms and a link to or a DVD of the nominated short films/series.
- You implement the project in the period between 6 September until 7 October 2021.
- During this period, teachers in at least three classes give the lesson on critical viewing, the class watches the selection of short films, and all children fill out a Cinekid voting form independently.
- To be able to participate, your school needs to participate with at least three classes (with no upper limit):
- 1 group 1, 2, 3
- 1 group 4, 5, 6
- 1 group 7, 8
- The length of viewing time and lesson time: 30 minutes maximum for groups 1 to 3 and 90 minutes maximum for groups 4 to 8.
- Cinekid collects all voting forms, counts all the votes, and so determines the winner of the Audience Award. The award is presented during the festival on 25 October (during the autumn holiday).
Tip: a Cinekid staff member is happy to visit your school to help with the jury lessons. Get in touch with us if you’re interested!
This trajectory is in Dutch. You can contact us by sending an email to [email protected].