Period: August 2019 – January 2020
Cinekid for Professionals is looking for an eager intern or someone who would like to gain work experience in a highly inspiring environment starting mid- or late August 2019.
Cinekid is a ten-day festival in the area of Film, Television and New Media for children aged 3-14 held during the autumn holiday in Westergasfabriek cultural park in Amsterdam and 35 other cities throughout the country, drawing some 65,000 visitors. The public programme consists of film and TV screenings and the 1200 m2 MediaLab full of media workshops and installations. There is also a professional programme for the international industry, which is coordinated by Cinekid for Professionals. This four-day event takes place during the second half of the Cinekid festival, and is the ultimate meeting place for professionals from the international children’s media industry. It draws a great many visitors from around the world, such as producers, directors, sales agents, distributors, film and TV purchasers, journalists, academics, (game) designers and so forth. The event allows them to establish contact with each other, do business and purchase the most recent productions. In addition, Cinekid for Professionals also organises an inspiring conference and seminar programme with the latest topics in the area of children’s media.
An interesting, international environment and an opportunity to become acquainted with the international (children’s) media industry. Cinekid is the largest children’s media festival in the world, and Cinekid for Professionals is unique in Europe. We work in a professional manner in an informal organisation. Interns participate as full employees.
The internship offers the opportunity to become familiar with the various aspects of organising a festival and an international platform. The focus will be on research, especially in the first two months, as a result of which you become well-acquainted with the programme and Cinekid for Professionals’ audience.
Currently, Cinekid for Professionals consists of a department Head and a department coordinator. As the festival approaches, and during the festival itself, the department will gradually grow to a team of eight staff.
Job & task description
Period before and during Cinekid festival 2019
· General support for the team;
· Organising travel and stay for international guests of Cinekid for Professionals;
· Providing information and assisting international guests of Cinekid for Professionals before and during the event;
· Acting as a host/hostess during Cinekid for Professionals, managing the guest desk;
· Setting up a festival survey.
Period after Cinekid festival 2019
· General support for the team;
· Rolling out the festival survey and processing results;
· Research for programme of Cinekid for Professionals 2020;
· Research into all projects that have been presented during Cinekid for Professionals in recent years;
· Maintaining website and social media.
The advantages for you
· You gain insight into the latest trends in the (children’s) media industry;
· A broad network and personal contact with staff of large and small businesses in the international children’s media industry;
· You gain insight into the management of (large) budgets;
· You learn to communicate with business partners;
· You gain insight into what organising a media festival involves;
· You are given the opportunity to be personally responsible for the performance of various tasks.
· You are studying at a university or university of applied sciences or have just completed your studies there; preferably in the area of film or media;
· You have a strong command of English, both orally and written;
· You work conscientiously;
· You have a friendly, customer-oriented and social work attitude;
· You are stress-resistant;
· You are good at staying on top of things;
· You have a proactive work attitude;
· You have an affinity with the international (children’s) media industry.
August in consultation
September and October, 5 days per week
November 2019 - January 2020, 4 days per week
The internship pay is € 250 per month based on 1 FTE (40 hours p/w).